In today’s modern age, business IT networks are under constant threat from automated and targeted attacks. It is important for business owners to have a firm understanding of the technology and processess that can leave them vulnerable.
There are general preventative measures recommended across the board including the crucial education of employees (see our Cyber Security Take 5 blog). However, every IT network is unique in what it needs to deliver and how it is constructed and these factors will decide your cyber security strategy.
Point of Entry
There are two main routes by which networks can be compromised by viruses, malware, and other unwanted programmes:
- Internet use
- USB drives
- Perimeter hardware
- Terminal Server
Cyber Prevention is better than Cyber Cure
There are three key steps Emerald help you take to mitigate the threat of a cyber attack:
- We advise on best-of-breed, professional anti-virus and anti-spam software as well as locking down desktops to the security level required by your business. We support you to deploy a robust security policy which fits with your users and workflows.
- We ensure usage is monitored and your software updated with the latest security patches.
- We provide constant vigilance and implement security protocols on every element of your IT network. This includes updating equipment on the network perimeter with the latest security protocols and vulnerability updates and configuring, monitoring, and maintaining your firewalls.
What if You Experience a Cyber Attack?
While prevention is better than cure, we advise every business we work with to have a disaster recovery plan. The average recovery from a cyber breach is 2-3 days and only you can evaluate what that cost would be to your business. At Emerald we believe in keeping your business operational and that means ensuring a fast and full recovery. We have a proven track record of having clients operational within 24 hours of a disaster and same day data restore in the event of a cyber breach.
Our Cyber Security Services include:
- Point of Entry Testing
- Cyber Security Awareness Training
- Cyber Security Strategy
- Cyber Security Vulnerability Assessment
- Cyber Security Essentials
- Cyber Security Solutions Implementation
- Disaster Recovery Planning
We offer a Full Cyber Security Audit
If you are interested, please call us on 01926 452 462.
Interested? Give us a call on 01926 452462 or pop into our Leamington office.
Emerald Case Studies
Our latest Case Studies and what our customers are saying...
We began working with the Hitchman Stone Partnership in 2010 and are now their strategic technology partner supporting them to implement a number of initiatives to make the business more flexible, responsive, and productive.
Hitchman Stone are a family-run architectural practice covering a...
Read Further Case Studies