Our Approach & Values
We Are Passionate:
About everything we do. Whether it is fixing a mobile phone fault or installing a new IT network - it means everything to us that we complete every project to the very highest standard. When we call ourselves a force for good: we mean we are a force! Our team liken themselves to the Avengers: individual superheroes coming together for the greatest good. But what does this mean for you?
It’s All About Support
- We have a ratio of 3 support engineers to every salesperson because offering the highest level of support is our number one priority
- We have an internal ticketing system which means all queries are logged against an individual and they take ownership of it for you liaising with whoever is necessary
- We offer a 24 hour replacement on all business critical phones. If you want it sooner, we do our best to do that too
Proactive Over Reactive
- Our internal IT monitoring system gives us amber warnings on a variety of pre-set data unique to your network so we can resolve between 10-15% of IT issues before you experience them
- Our communications billing team monitor your costs every month to ensure any changes in your usage on your landlines or mobiles are detected and dealt with accordingly to avoid high charges
- Every member of the team is actively encouraged to bring new ideas to our monthly company meetings for new products, people, and processes to constantly improve our service to you
No Business Is an Island
- We believe in good old-fashioned philanthropy. We have the solutions to society’s problems if we all work together. We have launched the Emerald Academy to tackle issues in digital education; we work with the Digital Economy Unit on barriers to technology especially for women; and we support and encourage aspiration wherever we can. Whether it’s designing a website for a wheelchair basketball team or supporting a young 12 year old in his karting dreams. You can see more on our You Tube Channel
- Small Businesses can have a Big Voice! We work with the Chamber of Commerce, the Federation of Small Businesses, the Local Enterprise Partnership, Warwick District Council, Warwickshire County Council, UKTI, and various other organisations to ensure that the voice of time poor, cash poor small businesses and business-owners gets heard!
- Collaboration is king! We recently founded Tech Central with a small group of business owners and representatives from Warwickshire County Council and Warwick District Council in order to support, promote, and grow the technology sector in Coventry, Warwickshire, and the Midlands
We Are Loyal:
To our customers. 95% of them would recommend us (and have done!) and when the 7 stage referrals come in, we know we are doing something right. We never rest complacent though. When our customers do well, we do well and so we do everything in our power every day to support you to succeed.
Innovation is Independent
- We never sell anything ‘out of the box’. Our innovation and trademarks are in our method of delivery and ongoing support
- We are partners with many of the big players in technology: HP, Microsoft, Apple, Ricoh, EE, O2, Vodafone, Sophos etc. but we never compromise our independence to win awards or incentives or benefit from bonus schemes. If it’s not right for you: we WON’T sell it to you!
- We don’t operate like conventional IT Support businesses and will never sell you a Gold, Silver, or Bronze package. You are an Emerald customer and your issue will be prioritised based on how much it is effecting your operations and not how much money you pay per month
- Our tender process for new suppliers has a rated scale on both social value and location. We want to support and promote our local area first and foremost
- We have work experience schemes established with Warwickshire College, we sponsor undergraduate schemes at Warwick University, and our CEO is a Governor of a local secondary school. We recruit our talent locally and offer extensive training for people changing careers. If you think you could thrive in the Emerald team, please check our Recruitment page
- We give 10% of our profit (and the directors give one day per week in time) to local charities and community causes. We deliberately choose to not go down a Charity of the Year route so we can help as many people as possible in whatever small way that might be. Here are just some of the organisations we have worked with: British Blind Sport, Warwickshire Bears Wheelchair Basketball Team, Harry Graham Karting, Lillington Juniors, St Patrick’s School, the Love Leamington Fund, Leamington’s Open Spaces, Art in the Park, Hybrid Arts Future Changers, Cord’s Enterprise Ties, Kids Run Free, Networking Mummies, Warwickshire Air Ambulance, the Sydni Centre, Molly Olly’s Wishes, Leamington At Chelsea, and Leamington Children’s Centres. See our You Tube Channel for more details
We Are Lifelong Learners:
The greatest thing about the technology industry is you never know it all. We love tech and enjoy nothing more than learning about the latest innovations so you can benefit directly from our expertise. We also know that technical skills is only part of the story and work with a great local company Arhine Solutions to develop and support our team as a group and individuals.
- We invest in regular training with all our partners in network infrastructure, hardware, and software to ensure you get the most out of any solution we recommend
- We are members of Tech UK, Innovate UK, and the Microsoft Partner Network so we can advise you on best practice in technology use for your industry
- We research the market for the latest products and regularly attend technology events and we bring this knowledge back to you through demo days and our email newsletters
Emerald Case Studies
Our latest Case Studies and what our customers are saying...
We started working with Leech & Co Solicitors as a referral from our software partner. The Directors were looking for a more cost-effective hosting solution for their cloud-based system. The issue they had with large corporate hosting packages is the unpredictable cost based on the amount of...
Read Further Case Studies