What is Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
Our Data Back-Up is one of the most important IT Support services we offer. It is a bespoke data back-up solution to suit you to ensure your critical business data can be restored within 24 hours in the event of any data loss. We use our own data centre with dedicated hardware, security, and connectivity as well as products like Ashay and Easus to continually monitor your back-ups and test them for resilience.
Would I benefit from Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
If you are an organisation or business professional who stores data for business purposes and you don't have your own data centre, you would benefit from our data back-up.
How will I benefit from Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
Data loss is inevitable. We have not worked with any organisation or individual who hasn’t experienced it in some form in their business career. It doesn’t have to be a breach, it could be hardware failure and this is the most common cause in our experience. Our back-up service avoids you coming to us with your laptop following a hard drive failure in sheer panic because your whole business is on that hard drive and nowhere else. Having a single point of failure never makes good sense! Our back-up service is your insurance policy and means you know your data is never gone forever in the event of any temporary data loss.
We monitor your back-up daily to ensure they complete in full and we test them at random once a quarter to confirm we can restore from them fully if we needed to. It’s no good having an insurance policy unless you occasionally test how good it is! We have you covered for this and if you want even greater peace of mind we can test it with you.
We continue to research the market to ensure our back-up services cover the needs and budgets of all individuals and organisations up to 100 employees so you know we are making the best recommendation and delivering value for money to you.
Emerald Data Back-Up Services
We have a range of services to help depending on your business need.
- Live replication: We will host a server for you in our data centre allowing data to replicate in real time
- Automated Offsite Back-Up: This is a service that runs every night. After the first initial back-up, it only backs-up incremental changes meaning it can run from midnight until about 4am depending on the size of your data and the speed of your internet. It allows you to restore previous versions and we also run our own reports on large files and duplicate files to help you manage your data better
- Offline Back-Up Monitoring: This is a service that costs from £5 to £25 per month depending on your data requirements. It allows us to ensure your external back-ups are working correctly and alerts us to any issues
- Data Back-Up Resilience Testing: For all our data back-up services, we pro-actively monitor the resilience of your data every quarter by running a test restore of key files
- Sage Back-Up: If you host Sage locally, it's crucial that you ensure it is backed up. The same rules apply: we recommend both offsite and offline and once a day
- Email Back-Up: Depending on how your email is hosted, you may well have a back-up built in. However, knowing that you can restore your emails from the PST file is not always tested. We routinely do this to give you full peace of mind
Call 01926 452462 and speak to Darren to discuss a bespoke back-up plan
Business IT Support
"Emerald has become our go-to for all our technology requirements. If we think we need to address an issue, we contact them and explain, and they suggest a solution not only for immediate use, but also looking at the longer term picture for our business too.
They keep a constant eye on our systems and usage and suggest when appropriate courses of action should be taken to enhance our working environment"
THE HITCHMAN STONE PARTNERSHIP
"In the past, we had experienced problems with IT companies who had the ability over promise and under deliver.
This was not the case with Emerald. Emerald are now our trusted partner for all of our IT support needs. They offer honest, impartial advice that is delivered in a language even the novice can understand.
Having one number that our team can call with any IT or telephone concerns makes such a difference, especially when this is backed up with prompt resolution."
Richard Hall - Inn Express
"We've been working with Emerald for many years and their support has been invaluable on all aspects of IT from maintenance of systems & phones to new purchases and solutions.
Emerald are professional and their services are precise and innovative where needed. Their customer support is outstanding. Highly recommended."
Jeryl Stone - Hitchman Stone
"When your whole business rests on a cloud-based system, having a flexible, cost-effective, secure, and well- maintained solution is what helps you sleep better at night. That's what Emerald is here for"
Leech & Co Solicitors Data Centre Backup