What is Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
Our Data Back-Up is one of the most important IT Support services we offer. It is a bespoke data back-up solution to suit you to ensure your critical business data can be restored within 24 hours in the event of any data loss. We use our own data centre with dedicated hardware, security, and connectivity as well as products like Ashay and Easus to continually monitor your back-ups and test them for resilience.
Would I benefit from Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
If you are an organisation or business professional who stores data for business purposes and you don't have your own data centre, you would benefit from our data back-up.
How will I benefit from Emerald's Data Back-Up Service?
Data loss is inevitable. We have not worked with any organisation or individual who hasn’t experienced it in some form in their business career. It doesn’t have to be a breach, it could be hardware failure and this is the most common cause in our experience. Our back-up service avoids you coming to us with your laptop following a hard drive failure in sheer panic because your whole business is on that hard drive and nowhere else. Having a single point of failure never makes good sense! Our back-up service is your insurance policy and means you know your data is never gone forever in the event of any temporary data loss.
We monitor your back-up daily to ensure they complete in full and we test them at random once a quarter to confirm we can restore from them fully if we needed to. It’s no good having an insurance policy unless you occasionally test how good it is! We have you covered for this and if you want even greater peace of mind we can test it with you.
We continue to research the market to ensure our back-up services cover the needs and budgets of all individuals and organisations up to 100 employees so you know we are making the best recommendation and delivering value for money to you.
Emerald Data Back-Up Services
We have a range of services to help depending on your business need.
- Live replication: We will host a server for you in our data centre allowing data to replicate in real time
- Automated Offsite Back-Up: This is a service that runs every night. After the first initial back-up, it only backs-up incremental changes meaning it can run from midnight until about 4am depending on the size of your data and the speed of your internet. It allows you to restore previous versions and we also run our own reports on large files and duplicate files to help you manage your data better
- Offline Back-Up Monitoring: This is a service that costs from £5 to £25 per month depending on your data requirements. It allows us to ensure your external back-ups are working correctly and alerts us to any issues
- Data Back-Up Resilience Testing: For all our data back-up services, we pro-actively monitor the resilience of your data every quarter by running a test restore of key files
- Sage Back-Up: If you host Sage locally, it's crucial that you ensure it is backed up. The same rules apply: we recommend both offsite and offline and once a day
- Email Back-Up: Depending on how your email is hosted, you may well have a back-up built in. However, knowing that you can restore your emails from the PST file is not always tested. We routinely do this to give you full peace of mind
Call 01926 452462 and speak to Darren or Sarah to discuss your bespoke back-up plan
Emerald Case Studies
Our latest Case Studies and what our customers are saying...
We began working with the Hitchman Stone Partnership in 2010 and are now their strategic technology partner supporting them to implement a number of initiatives to make the business more flexible, responsive, and productive.
Hitchman Stone are a family-run architectural practice covering a...
Read Further Case Studies