What Is Emerald Cloud?
Emerald Cloud as a document sharing platform is a collaboration between ourselves and File Cloud. We provide the data centre infrastructure to give you:
We provide small businesses with the flexibility to make the most of the time available. Emerald Cloud gives employees the ability to work from any location and for teams to work on documents collaboratively. Files stored online are easily accessible from anywhere with any computer, smartphone or tablet.
The security of your data is our priority so all files are encrypted and stored in our dedicated Tier 3 Data Centre in Northampton. The data centre has full monitoring, the latest fire protection, and is manned 24/7 with full perimeter security fencing.
You can integrate with existing file servers, such as Microsoft Active Directory to synchronise user accounts and groups; allow remote access to existing Windows File servers preserving NTFS permissions; provide fast access to files for remote branch offices while reducing network latency, and seamlessly find documents by searching through file content even in your existing file shares.
Fast Document sync
Emerald Cloud has the capability to sync large files efficiently without slowing down productivity.
- Emerald Cloud powered by FileCloud as a certified partner - Find their brochure here
- Emerald Cloud offers a private hosting option, meaning you can run it on your own infrastructure with full control over your data. Alternatively, we can host it in our secure dedicated Tier 3 data centre. This gives you full flexibility with hybrid options available for both local storage and cloud storage.
- Your files are totally secure, with full encryption of files at rest and encryption of all communication during transit. You can add an extra layer of protection when logging in using email or Google Authenticator and all files are automatically scanned when uploaded.
- When collaborating on documents, users can lock or checkout files to avoid conflicting changes; alerts can be sent to users when shared files or folders are changed; you can enable conversations around files, and users can view and track file activity.
- The Sync, Share and Mobile Access feature allows users to access, share, sync company files and documents from anywhere and any device syncs content across computers and smartphones, replacing Dropbox or Box.net. You can access your files from iOS, Android and Windows Phone and mount your remote files as a network share in Windows Explorer.
- Using Emerald Cloud, file-sharing can be done both publicly and privately with expiration dates and other global policies. You can upload and share large files without any size limit and preview documents directly on the web without downloading.
- The Office and Outlook Add-ons allow you to automatically upload large files attachments to Emerald Cloud and send a share link; edit and save documents directly from Word, Excel or PowerPoint; and edit documents on mobile using Microsoft Office iOS and Android Mobile Apps.
- The Administrator Features allow you to manage users, groups, storage quotas, granular security policies and manage all connected devices. Emerald Cloud has a HIPAA compliant audit trail
- Finally, to ensure you don’t lose your data, with Emerald Cloud you can securely back up and restore files across all platforms including automatic media backup from mobile devices; remotely wipe or block devices to prevent unauthorised access in case devices get lost or stolen; recover accidentally deleted files; and prevent download, printing or copy/paste.
"Emerald has become our go-to for all our technology requirements. If we think we need to address an issue, we contact them and explain, and they suggest a solution not only for immediate use, but also looking at the longer term picture for our business too.
They keep a constant eye on our systems and usage and suggest when appropriate courses of action should be taken to enhance our working environment"
THE HITCHMAN STONE PARTNERSHIP
"In the past, we had experienced problems with IT companies who had the ability over promise and under deliver.
This was not the case with Emerald. Emerald are now our trusted partner for all of our IT support needs. They offer honest, impartial advice that is delivered in a language even the novice can understand.
Having one number that our team can call with any IT or telephone concerns makes such a difference, especially when this is backed up with prompt resolution."
Richard Hall - Inn Express
"We've been working with Emerald for many years and their support has been invaluable on all aspects of IT from maintenance of systems & phones to new purchases and solutions.
Emerald are professional and their services are precise and innovative where needed. Their customer support is outstanding. Highly recommended."
Jeryl Stone - Hitchman Stone
"When your whole business rests on a cloud-based system, having a flexible, cost-effective, secure, and well- maintained solution is what helps you sleep better at night. That's what Emerald is here for"
Leech & Co Solicitors Data Centre Backup